Introduction to our Coaching – Provided by Smashing Tennis at Sandal Tennis Club
At Sandal we pride ourselves on running excellent club services and facilities for our members and occasional visitors. By providing a high quality and vibrant coaching programme we hope to:
- Attract and retain members,
- Provide attractive opportunities for families in particular,
- Generate income for effective club maintenance and investment
- Keep and enhance our accreditation with the LTA
- Encourage our players to be ‘Keepers’ i.e. to keep playing for life at Sandal (making us a sustainable club) and use tennis as a fitness, wellbeing and social opportunity.
Our 10-week coaching courses of one hour (45 minutes for our very young Red Mini tennis participants) sessions per week run throughout the year.
- Winter Warmers – 8 courses run from week commencing 7 January 2017
- Spring-in-your-Step – 9 courses run from 25 March through to June for Spring
- All sets for Summer – Three different blocks of coaching will be available July-August
- Love All Autumn – 8 courses are scheduled to run from 3rd September
All courses (except Summer) avoid standard school holidays which enables people to take a break and avoid missing sessions. Fun days during the holiday weeks are popular as longer alternatives and can be booked and purchased separately to the main courses. Look out for some new ideas this July/ August! See our Latest News Section
Please Note we do not do pay and play for our group coaching (we are too small a club not to know how many are going to be there and risk running at a loss) – we therefore kindly request payment up front at the start of the course per season. However, cancellations due to weather will carry credits through to the next season, so no-one is out of pocket.
All courses are delivered for a very competitive price of £60 for members, £70 for non-members which cover court costs, flood lighting (winter only), coach (plus an assistant for fuller courses), balls/ other equipment and we are always willing to lend racquets for new starters trying out.
Our Coaching team comprises of:-
|Nigel Glover||Coach||07469 193266|
|Charlie Swallow||Level 3 Coach / Private Coaching||07800 886867|
|Euan Barrett||Level 2 Coach||Currently Abroad|
|Andy Smitten||Assistant Coach|
|Elliott Copley||Level 1 Coach/Private Hitting Practice||07790 270832|
|Aodhan O’Connell||Level 1 Coach|
|Alison Copley||Smashing Tennis Director||07469 002914|
|Howard Copley||Club Secretary||07772 246228|
We are looking forward to welcoming level 4 performance coach Paul Johnson as our new Head Coach from September 2017. Paul is working with us w/c 1 July delivering many of our weekly courses – so you may be able to try him out for a private 1:1 session then. Contact the secretary to arrange.
Please feel free to talk to any of our friendly team; ask questions, offer feedback and suggestions. We want you to have a smashing tennis experience with us and are always looking for ways to improve! Please view our pages for Mini Coaching, Junior Coaching, Adult Coaching and Holiday Camps to find out more about the specific courses we have on offer.
We hope to see you soon!